This year’s talks will take place in a hybrid form: live in the physical space at Base Milano and recorded and stremead on the PhotoVogue platform (on the following days). The panelists ranging from artists to leading figures in the photographic industry, will be at Base or connected digitally to the panel.
In line with the mission of the festival, the focus of the talks of this edition will range from photojournalism to fashion photography.
• 6.30 PM CET Alfredo Jaar: Teach Us to Outgrow our Madness (ENG)
- 2 PM CET Conscious Dreams. Alessia Glaviano in conversation with Elliot & Erick Jiménez and Victoria Ruiz (ENG)
- 3 PM CET On Being A Woman. Francesca Marani in conversation with Ashley Markle, Bettina Pittaluga, Jaimy Gail, Rachel Lamb and Nikita Yusman (ENG)
- 4 PM CET A new kind of beauty. Francesca Ragazzi in conversation with Aart Verrips, Jara García Azor, Tara Laure Claire and Viridiana (ENG)
- 5 PM CET Telling our own story: the aesthetics of decolonization. Chiara Bardelli Nonino in conversation with Delali Ayivi, Imraan Christian, Kin Chan, Silvana Trevale and Xavier Scott Marshall (ENG)
- 6 PM CET Who am I? A conversation around Identity. Willy Ndatira in conversation with Jo Fetto, Ines Vansteenkiste-Muylle and Samuel Trotter (ENG)
- 7 PM CET What is Vogue Now: 130 Years of Shaping Culture. Yashica Olden – Condé Nast Senior Vice President People, Chief of Diversity and Inclusion Officer – in conversation with Edward Enninful – European Editorial Director, Vogue (ENG)
- 2 PM CET Ritratto di Famiglia. Federica Chiocchetti in conversation with Martina Zanin and Sara Perovic (ITA)
- 3 PM CET AI, the metaverse and the documentary approach to photography. Chiara Bardelli Nonino in conversation with Alessandra Leta, Francesco Anselmi, Federica Sasso, Gabriele Galimberti and Pierfrancesco Celada (ITA)
- 4 PM CET The artists are present. Francesca Marani in conversation with Alexa Sonsino, Cinzia Laliscia, Carmine Romano, Filippo Barbero, Gianmarco Porru, Ludovica Anzaldi and Sara Nicomedi (ITA)
- 5 PM CET The Human-Nature Relationship. Emanuele Coccia in conversation with Lucrezia Testa Iannilli, Matteo Buonomo, Eleonora Strano and Emanuele Occhipinti (ITA)
- 6 PM CET Impaginare i corpi. AVEDON /VERSACE. Maria Luisa Frisa in conversation with Bruno Ceschel (ITA)
- 7 PM CET Realpolitik Giornalismo militante e fotografia satirica. Tiziana Bonomo in conversation with Domenico Quirico – La Stampa, Luca Santese – Cesura, Marco P. Valli – Cesura (ITA)
- 2 PM CET Memory in Wartime. Alessia Glaviano in conversation with David Rieff (ENG)
- 3 PM CET Images of Violence in the Age of the Internet. Chiara Bardelli Nonino in conversation with Jane’a Johnson and Susie Linfield (ENG)
- 4 PM CET Knowledge, Awareness and Social Change. Mariapia Bernardoni in conversation Alina Frieske, Ankita Das, Carl van der Linde and Oghalé Alex (ENG)
- 5 PM CET Exiting the Photographic Universe. Alessia Glaviano in conversation with Fred Ritchin (ENG)
- 6 PM CET Ukraine Memories and Dreams. Francesca Todde and Marcella Manni in conversation with Yelena Yemchuk (ENG)
- 7 PM CET NFTs: A Photographer’s Friend or Enemy? Salah Zalatimo in conversation with Roe Ethridge, Azu Nwagbogu and Alessia Glaviano (ENG)
All the talks will be in ENG
- 2 PM CET Il Corpo Politico. Gli autoritratti di Claudia Amatruda. Simona Ghizzoni and Alessia Glaviano in conversation with Claudia Amatruda (ITA)
- 3 PM CET Re-framing the end: using creativity to address Neglected Tropical Diseases in Africa. Chiara Bardelli Nonino in conversation with Aïda Muluneh (ENG)
- 4 PM CET Like a River. An anthropological exploration of identity, transformation and coming-of-age amongst marginalised communities in the heart of the Amazon. Alessia Glaviano in conversation with Daniel Jack Lyons (ENG)
- 5 PM CET Creativity for Social Change. Adama Sanneh in conversation with Sagal Ali, Alicia Hansen and Lwando Xaso (ENG)
- 6 PM CET Cosa significa essere italiani oggi? Veronica Fernandes in conversation with Andrea Baioni and Marzio Emilio Villa (ITA)
- 7 PM CET THEY WON’T BREAK OUR SOUL: dalle spiritualità afrodiscendenti alla rivoluzione della pratica della resistenza e dell’amore. Conversazione sull’afrodiscendenza, sulla solidarietà tra i movimenti, il sonno e il riposo. Paolo Maurizio Talanti in conversation with Dr Andi Nganso, Antonio Dikele Di Stefano, On. Aboubakar Soumahoro, Simao Amista, Michelle Francine Ngonmo, Cinzia Adanna Ebonine, Susanna Owusu Twumwah. (ITA)
The event, under the patronage of the City of Milan, is made possible thanks to the contribution of partners Audi, CONAI, Crivelli, FLOS, Gucci Beauty and Xiaomi. We thank Radio Monte Carlo, Studio RM, Urban Vision, Voice and Westwing.
Dates: November 17-20, 2022
Location: BASE Milano, Via Bergognone, 34, 20144 Milano MI, Italy
November 16: Alfredo Jaar’s talk 6.30 p.m.
November 17: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m.
November 18-20: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Entrance is free.